Monday, April 19, 2010

Via Brussels - The Early Days

Brussels is all about its experiences. I am obviously going to share my experiences & perspectives about this city. And trust me, I indeed had so many experiences in last 6 months, that I totally changed my opinion about this city.

6 months? It still feels like I came here few days back, like I was in Germany just some days ago. But no, today is indeed my 170th day in Brussels.

Anyways! 

So our apartment was pretty compact. But the surrounding area was quite nice. From the 6th floor, we had quite an wonderful view from the terrace & living room.





(And probably from bedroom, which we could not see, because the curtain could not be opened.)







In the afternoon, I could take beautiful pictures of Sun from the terrace (I am mad for shooting the Sun. It's an amazing experience)

But I missed my neighbors in Germany. We had a wonderful landlady, Ms. Ingrid. Quite an talkative and cheerful person. A person who gave me an inadvertent support when I was newly away from my family. And here, I didn't even know, who stays in my neighborhood. A typical metropolis feeling.

We stayed just behind the Jubel Park. Whenever I stood in the terrace, I saw someone jogging. I always wondered, how these Europeans could run in such a chilling & windy weather. I would have stood frozen, had I come out in the jogging attire. I many times wandered in the Jubel Park. And it was just...a park! With some greenery & 2 museums. Again(!), I compared it with Nordpark of Duesseldorf. It was so huge and so lovely. I absolutely loved spending time there and photographing around. But comparatively, I didn't find anything much appealing about Jubel Park, except it's huge big gate with great architecture. But then good architecture is not something exceptional in Europe. Even small old buildings in Europe have very good architecture. I definitely liked the Jubel park. But at the back of my mind, I constantly thought about Nordpark & missed it. 

Poor me, who did not know this gate was entirely going to change my opinion about it in coming days with its beautiful stunning looks, which couldn't be noticed in one go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed...