Friday, June 18, 2010

A Wet Green Birthday

It was my birthday and I had decided to give myself a treat. A treat in my own way. An unforgettable experience. What could have been better for me than a day spent with nature..

That day it was raining like cats and dogs in Brussels. I just wondered, how the route of tram 44 might be looking in that beautiful rain. I had always loved travelling on that route. Tram 44 took us through nice avenues with beautiful houses and trees on both the sides, then alongside a calm lake, then through a dense forest and finally to its last stop, Tervuren, totally surrounded by greenery . It was indeed a treat to my eyes. I thought, I will just travel till the Tervuren and take the same tram back. I took my camera and proceeded to my treat.

As the tram started from Montgomery, I could sense the pleasant climate all around. Umm..I was absolutely loving that feeling. My favourite route was totally wet and looking all the more beautiful. I tried taking some photos, but could only capture rain drops running on the tram windows. So I just decided to rest my head on the windows and enjoy the outstanding wet scenery. 

As I got down on Tervuren, the astonishing surroundings literally took my breath away. It was a charismatic feel. In a magnetic influence, I came out of the tram stop and started walking ahead. Within 5 minutes I reached the huge big gate of African Museum. I had always seen this museum and the French garden around from outside, but never went in. That day when I entered there, I felt as if I was in a different world. Because unbelievably, in that huge garden there was hardly anyone else except me. It was only me and the greenery!

I started walking in and one after other, breathtaking views unfolded to my eyes. I couldn't stop capturing every single view in my camera. The huge architecture of African Museum was looking all the more grand and French Garden was spreading glorious lush beauty all around. I passed through a small lake and a tiny bridge. The more I went in, the more breathtaking views I saw. There were beautiful birds all around. As I approached them, they jumped in water. I absolutely loved their chirping. 

I saw a cute small bird and was trying to secretly capture him/her in my lenses, when suddenly my phone rang.  It was my Mom, wishing me a happy birthday. I was too happy to receive her call at that place. I felt as if she was there with me. As I was talking to her, suddenly I big bird came and fearlessly stood in front of me. What a curvy bird it was! Oh my my!! With mobile in left hand, I had to capture his/her movements only with right hand. S/he was beautiful, unafraid, and charismatic! After some time his/her partner approached and as they took leap towards the sky, his/her legs splashed the water. I really wish I could capture that scene.

Then I went towards the other side of the bridge. It was a beautiful path surrounded by dense forest of green trees on one side and maroon trees alongside the lake on the other. The trees alongside the lake bent down so much that they almost touched the water. Then I don't remember how much I walked and when I came back. It was indeed a magnetic experience. 

When I came back home and saw the photos on big screen, I was happy that it was indeed an unforgettable birthday! 

It was really a different day. Because later, I went there again so many times. But it was never so lonely. Of course the beauty was still astonishing, but the feeling of being alone at that place was uncomparable. Then I made this video to cherish my wonderful memories...the first ever collage of my photos and I absolutely love it!!

 

2 comments:

  1. awesome video girl!!! loved it... u r one truly creative person...finally i am happy that u listened to me and came up with ur fotos' section..!!!! keep clicking..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @verne10 - Yes darls..your suggestion was indeed worth implementing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcomed...