Monday, January 17, 2011

A Semi-finished Product

As I was talking to Professor Grando on our company visit to Alenia Aermacchi, he said "right now, you are a semi-finished product of our school...in few months you will be a finished product.." I suddenly realised, technically speaking, I am already a 25%MBA!!!!

In my one and half year of career break after marriage, I always wondered why people think I am doing 'nothing'. I saw many places in Europe, thoroughly enjoyed my passion for photography, wrote stories, learnt German. But everything added together was just perceived as 'activities to keep a housewife busy (???)'. That word 'housewife' felt like a swearword. But I had decided to speak through my actions.

And here I was... MBA at SDA Bocconi - Milan - Italy! That was indeed like a dream coming true. As I started studying for the pre-courses, I got answer to my question 'why my activities all together counted for nothing'...well, because practically I didn't contribute to the GDP of India! Okay...now I am talking like an idiosyncratic MBA !?! Never mind!

All excited about starting a new venture in my life, I came to Milan. But one never knows how unpredictable life can be. Some wrong decisions..some untrustworthy people taught me unforgettable lessons of life, while some 'too good' friends showed me what is it to be there for someone. Being away from our families, we inadvertently held our hands and started walking together.

Still, the first term was pretty disastrous for me. One thing I definitely learnt was how painful it can become if you lose time. I had planned so many things, e.g. writing this blog. But I had already wasted so much of time in other things, that I had no choice than to just concentrate on studies.

Nevertheless, the second term has started on a very positive note. Though hectic, MBA is kind of a high that I have started enjoying. I know this term is the toughest of all. But I just can't keep away from writing. Though it might look a little odd to start this blog now, its better late than never..

6 comments:

  1. Semi-finished products ready to be sold:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gouri, I'm not far away from my home and my family but - believe me - I know what you mean about the perception of some people about the "housewife status"! I'm married since last may and in September I quit my job to join the MBA...so it's easy to say that I'm enjoying my new wife status doing nothing (NOTHING with our program...almost impossible!). Anyway, in these cases I use to say: "La storia mi darà ragione".
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.. Competitions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Latest Free Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Innosilicon A10 Pro+

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. queens marijuana dispensary

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcomed...